ABOUT THE COURSE:
Criminal Law has always been at the heart of the legal field. It is one such field that requires deep study and tons of experience to master. Some of the top lawyers of the country have been able to achieve these high standards only and only because of their excellence in criminal law. It is not only helpful to a person aspiring to be criminal lawyer but also to each and every person who is involved in the any field of law as there is no field of law that is untouched from the intricacies of criminal law.
We have made an attempt to simplify this area of law and to make it interesting like never before. The course has been designed in such a manner that every person, whether a student of first year or an advocate practicing in any court of the country will get to learn something new. The course is friendly to freshers and very easy to understand. We have brought together some of the best people in the field to provide with the best possible knowledge.
Shahi & Mishra Partners (S&M Partners) is a firm incorporated as a LLP vide Reg. No. AAT-1584 run by professionals towards contributing to Legal Education and Practices.
Their professional team includes advocates, legal academicians, legal luminaries and law students who are committed for the law student’s welfare by empowering them with knowledge, experience and wisdom. They offer wide range of “Certified Online Courses” which anyone can access from anywhere with best learning experience. S&M Partners is a platform created for the purpose to foster the interest of law students.
1. The Mode of Learning will be online. The language of the Module will be partly in English and partly in Hindi.
2. All the modules will be live or prerecorded video lectures. The ID and Password to join the same shall be provided to the participants before hand.
3. The detailed schedule of each Module will be sent before the commencement of that Module.
4. Participant can only join through their registered mail ID that they have filled in the Registration form.
5. With each Module, a written material will be provided by S&M Partners that is prepared by the Course Instructors in consultation with experts. The written material will be in English language.
6. Each Module has its own importance. Hence, some module requires 2 lectures whereas some requires 4 to 5 during the course duration.
7. Participants may ask their doubts after the conclusion of the lecture as a special duration will be allocated to the doubt sessions.
NOTE – Your exams and other involvements will be taken care of while arranging the Lectures.
1. Participants will be evaluated at different stages through assessment tests that will be open book and online.
2. On the basis of intermediate evaluation tests and final assessment test (open book), participants will be marked that will be reflected in their merit certificate.
3. A participant needs to maintain a minimum of 60% attendance in online classes and 50% in the evaluation to be eligible for the certificate. The attendance will be auto marked by the system.
Registration is open till 30th July, 2020. The registration is open for any person interested in gaining knowledge in the field of criminal law. The participants are required to fill the registration form online along with the registration fees.
Registration Fee: Rs 1830/-
Registration Form: Click here
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
1. Evolution of Criminal Law in India
2. Crime – Nature and Definition
3. Difference b/w Crime and Offence?
4. Jurisprudence and General Principles of Criminal Law
5. What is Criminal Law?
6. Ingredients of Crime
1. Offences against Human Body, Culpable Homicide
2. Crimes against Property
3. Inchoate Offences
4. General Exceptions of Offences
5. Sexual Offenses and Crimes involving force
6. Physical Restraint along with POCSO Act
7. Crimes against the State along with Arms Act
8. Functioning of CBI and NIA like bodies
9. Offences related to Narcotics, its investigation and procedure and Trial.
10. White-Collar Crimes
11. PMLA, ED, SFIO
12. Offences w.r.t. GST and its Investigation
1. Complaint, FIR and procedures of investigation
2. How to interact with police and Jail Authorities
3. Role of a Lawyer during the Investigation
1. Preventive Actions [Chapter VIII-XI Cr.P.C]
2. Criminal Trial
4. Post-trial proceedings
5. Miscellaneous applications
7. Bail and release of accused
8. Attendance of the accused
9. Police Act
1. Introduction to Law of Evidence
2. Kind of Evidences
3. Concept of relevant fact and fact in issue.
4. Burden of Proof
5. Res Gestae
6. Admission and Confession
7. Arts to be possessed in Court Room
8. Electronic Evidences
2. What is Forensic Science
3. FSL (Forensic Science Laboratories) and its division
4. Jurisdiction of divisions
5. Forensic and Criminal law
6. Medical Jurisprudence
7. Emergence of Medical Jurisprudence in Criminal Law
8. Importance of Medical Institutions in a Criminal Trial
9. Do’s and Don’ts for a Doctor
10. Procedure of Medico Legal Examinations
1. What is Pleading?
2. Differentiation between Civil and Criminal pleadings
3. Importance of pleading in Criminal Law
4. Basic applications in Criminal proceedings
5. Formats of the Criminal applications
6. Drafting Criminal SLP
2. Cause list, hearings and Passovers
3. Court Mannerism
4. Art of Mock Trial Advocacy
For queries, contact:
Mr. Vaibhav Shahi : (+91) 7292099647