ABOUT THE COURSE:
Legal education being a professional education for dispense of justice is incomplete without the skills of drafting. A perfect drafting of academic manuscripts from research papers to memorial and practice matters in relation to Suits, Applications, Complaints, Writ petition, Appeals etc. and other such matters connected therewith shall obviously leads to good result in terms of money, time, energy and expectation of not only the learned members of the Bench, but also the Bar as well as the parties to the litigation. It creates a congenial atmosphere where the glory of the judiciary and the Law grows to sky-heights.
It is our great pleasure that after educating 500+ participants from 110 law institutions, we at Human Hands Together in association with S&M Partners is providing an online course on this structure i.e. Legal Drafting Online Course for the 5th Batch. The course is designed by Mr. Vaibhav Shahi, Manging Partner at Shahi & Mishra Partners LLP. In this course one can explore the nuances of Legal Drafting. With a unique vision, this course offers and allows one to identify the important pieces of legal writing and to put together these vital pieces in words clearly, precisely and briefly. To bring each one at a common platform, a basic introduction law is scheduled in the beginning. Beginning with identifying the kinds of legal writing, the course then heads towards the foundational aspects of legal writing. From drafting of moot memorials, legal briefs, and learning the IRAC and citations, this course tends to cover almost all the academic opportunities that one can come across. The course also touches the drafting of court pleadings besides covering the common drafting like legal notice.
Shahi & Mishra Partners (S&M Partners) is a firm incorporated as a LLP vide Reg. No. AAT-1584 run by professionals towards contributing to Legal Education and Practices.
Their professional team includes advocates, legal academicians, legal luminaries and law students who are committed for the law student’s welfare by empowering them with knowledge, experience and wisdom. They offer wide range of “Certified Online Courses” which anyone can access from anywhere with best learning experience. S&M Partners is a platform created for the purpose to foster the interest of law students.
1. The Mode of Learning will be online. The language of the Module will be partly in English and partly in Hindi.
2. All the modules will be the recorded video lectures of Batch 1 & 2.The recorded lectures link will be provided to the participants on mail as per the schedule. However, participants can stream the video on any system during the period of that Unit but they will not be provided the access to download.
3. With each Module, a written material will be provided that is prepared by the Human Hands Together & S&M Partners in consultation with Course Instructors. The written material will be in English language.
NOTE – You may prior request via Email to us in case your exams or other unavoidable circumstances arise.
1. Participants will be evaluated in all the 3 Units.
2. The participants will be sent an assignment which they have to submit before the time.
3. To eligible for the Certificate, Participants will have to score atleast 45% aggregate.
4. The marks will be reflected in the Certificate.
Registration will be done on rolling basis i.e.; Participants can register for this course at any point of time. The registration is open for any person interested in gaining knowledge in the field of family law. The participants are required to fill the registration form online along with the registration fees.
Registration fee: ₹1350 /-
· Learn the skills of drafting at the college level that will help you in grabbing internships and jobs.
· E-Certificate of the participation to the participants after completion of the course.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
1. What is law and how to study it?
2. Words art and how to read a bare act?
3. Basic principles of interpretation.
4. Judicial precedents.
1. Objectives and Commonalities of legal writing.
2. Categories/Types of legal writing.
3. Academic legal writing.
1. Fundamentals of legal writing.
2. Mastering the elements of legal writing. Writing of simple legal sentences.
3. How to identify and use verbs and modifiers in legal writing?
4. How to make effective use of language in legal writing and what mistakes to avoid?
5. How to avoid plagiarism while citing sources and authorities?
6. What is legalese? How to use it?
1. What is IRAC?
2. Understanding the difference between using IRAC versus writing without using IRAC. [Case studies/e.g.].
3. Understanding IRAC as a problem-solving tool How to use uniform citation method? [Bluebook, Jili and OSCOLA]
4. Tips to start writing articles and research papers.
1. Understanding different kinds moot problems.
2. How to determine issues & jurisdiction (statement of issues or question presented) of any moot problem?
3. Memorial making & its types.
4. Skeleton making.
5. Different research methodologies while researching.
6. Contents of memorial.
7. How to make different layers of arguments?
How to add different sources of law & its kinds?
1. Writing of legal letters.
2. How to write legal drafts?
3. How to edit and refine legal writing?
4. Drafting of agreements.
2. Fundamental rules of pleading.
3. Common drafting: Legal Notice, Application etc.
4. Pleading in Civil Cases: Plaint and Written Statement
5. Pleading in Criminal Cases: Bail Application and Petition u/s 482 CrPC
6. Petitions in Constitutional courts.